4 Advantages of Avolve’sGIStream
Avolve’s GIStream Geospatial Plan Management is an optional extension to Avolve’s ProjectDox. It is a dynamic and powerful tool that, when combined with ProjectDox, and EsriArcGISdata (the most widely used interacting mapping platform) , creates views of the built environment that were previously not possible. This is a wonderful way for interconnected system cities, counties, states and other local government jurisdictions that are all built of interconnected systems of citizens, agencies, assets, documents and data to have the location=aware information about both seen and unseen assets that they need to function and thrive.
GIStream will help accelerate time to value because collaboration is dramatically improved through better efficiency, accuracy and productivity. Organizations are able to coordinate all stages of a project including design, development, construction and operational tasks in one application while management potential environmental impacts. When GIStream is coupled with ProjectDox it provides 4 distinct advantages to users:
- Planning and Development
- We know that managing large development projects is no easy task. To do it effectively and efficiently jurisdictions need accurate and fast access to data, plans, documents, maps and imagery. GIStream takes the guesswork and time-delay out of it by aggregating data including underground assets and aerial imagery. Reviewers are able to access the information they need to make decisions including where plans, assets, utilities, and boundaries intersect or conflict.
- Design and Construction Projects
- All jurisdictions and project stakeholders want to save time and money but it can be difficult when operating without all of the necessary information. GIStream provides reviews and field inspectors with access to all of the files, plans, documents, and GIS layers that they need so that they can make informed decisions which allows for project alterations to occur earlier in the process, saving time and money and keeping projects on budget.
- Public Safety and Emergency Response
- Public safety and emergency response teams have a big responsibility – to protect property and save lives. To do so in an optimal way, they need multiple sources of information so that they can formulate a plan of action and effectively take action should an emergency occur. GIStream enables ProjectDox to deliver stored plan data and live geospatial maps that optimize event and contingency planning and dramatically improves real-time emergency response.
- Location Awareness
- More thorough project management across the jurisdiction is made possible by location awareness that maps the built environment layer on top of an Esri GIS database. Organizations are able to better coordinate design, development, and construction tasks while managing their potential impact on the environment with simultaneous access to project and GIS information. Further, FEMA and Homeland Security are able to achieve a faster call to action for emergency planning, preparedness, and resolution by tagging as-built specifications back to the land base. Fingertip access to electronic versions of critical building and GIS data (including blueprints, construction drawings, utility shutoffs, access points, maintenance manuals, area maps, demographics, road and utility infrastructure, and physical topography in one location is a significant, invaluable tool.