City of Goodyear, AZ (population 62,500) Goodyear, located in Maricopa County, was established in 1917 with the purchase of 16,000 acres of land by the Goodyear Tire and Rubber Company to cultivate cotton for vehicle tire threads. Goodyear became a town in November 1946 and reached city status in 1985. The City lies southwest of Phoenix and between 1999 and 2008 experienced significant development and population growth both commercially and residentially – over 150% between 2001-2007. Depsite it’s relatively small size, progressive city leadership recognized the importance of streamlining processes and creating a long-term, business-friendly atmosphere in order to spur continuing growth. The City is currently engaged in annexing an additional 67 square miles of land, and has solicited bids for development of a new downtown commercial and civic zone as part of it’s strategic plan. ProjectDox is at the center of the permitting and plan submission/review process – Goodyear publicly announced it would no longer receive paper plans of any kind early in 2010.