Business Unit: Quality
Location: United States – Remote
Avolve Software is looking for an individual that can become a valuable addition to the team. We are a small company with a great atmosphere, flexible work environment and ability to thrive as an individual. Avolve is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Avolve encourages all candidates regardless of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
This position requires high energy and a willingness to learn new technology.
Our suite of products is designed to bring efficiency and ease to the process life-cycle of submitting, reviewing, approving, storing and accessing building plans and data in your jurisdiction. Over 150+ cities and counties in the US and Canada are using our solutions – and one in every five citizens live in jurisdictions served by Avolve.
Through training and hands-on experience, the candidate will become proficient in ensuring high quality delivery for software that provides electronic plan review, workflow automation, business process management, electronic forms processing, and content management, among other things to our customers.
- Ensure quality of applications under test, automated tests and tools to ensure high quality products.
- Point of contact between production support and QA/Development working closely with both groups.
- Work closely with development to proactively discover functional and performance issues through both manual and automated testing.
- Create test plans for new products / features and ensure adequate test coverage via manual or automated testing.
- Create and maintain test scripts that run automatically as part of Azure DevOps pipelines.
- Installs and configures software on QA environments.
- Logs issues in Issue Tracking Software and assists technical writer in documenting product functionality.
- Research industry trends and developments in QA.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Information Systems, Computer Science, Technology Architecture or similar background preferred but not required.
- Minimum of 2 years in a QA Engineering role working with UI, API and Load test automation plus 2 years in manual testing.
- Work well under pressure and thrive in a demanding environment.
- Production support experience preferred.
- Experience using a test case management system.
- Experience using source control systems.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate and work successfully with teams across the organization.
- Possess excellent oral and written English communications skills.
- Security testing experience is a plus.
- Electronic plan review software experience is a plus.
- Able to write SQL queries.
- Ability to debug and troubleshoot application/system issues.
- Familiarity with MS Azure DevOps and VMWare.
- Ability to write automated test code using various automation frameworks.
- Familiarity with parallel automated test execution.