With the goal of making the unwieldy building plan review process more efficient, Avolve has become the premier developer of electronic plan review software. The firm’s flagship product, ProjectDox, is now used by more than 125 local and state governments in North America. More than providing a powerful ePlan solution, though, Avolve offers exceptional education and training programs to ensure that clients are getting all of the benefits that the software has to offer. The following sums up what ProjectDox is, how it works and the support offered by Avolve.
What Is ProjectDox?
ProjectDox is a Web-based virtual meeting place where project stakeholders can look at, mark up and comment on relevant documents. Employing the same browser security used in online banking, the application can be accessed through a cellular, WI-FI or network internet connection on a desktop computer, laptop or mobile device. ProjectDox features include:
- A whole set of tools that enhances collaboration among stakeholders
- The ability to render more than 200 file formats, such as documents, video and AutoCAD
- Seamless integration with other systems, such as asset management, document management and permitting.
- Workflows customized for your organization and robust training and support
What Does It Do?
ProjectDox lets project managers electronically assign tasks and deadlines to team members via a Web portal, where project files and other documents are accessible. From there, any issues relating to the project and project documents are resolved by an electronic back and forth between management and team members. The system allows team members to:
- Review each other’s input
- Mark up documents at the same time
- See project files along with GIS location info, facilitating better informed decisions
- Stay apprised of the review process and generate appropriate reports
- Use annotation, checklist and notes features to more easily resolve conflicts
What Support Does Avolve Provide?
Avolve consultants apply their years of real-world experience to improve organizations’ business operations. The firm’s tried and true implementation process includes:
- Reviewing the project plan and anticipated outcomes with stakeholders
- Creating business process maps that describe workflows within the system
- Incorporating workflows into an organization’s ProjectDox
Finally, users undergo training. Standard classes are Web-based, while onsite and custom programs also are available. Training materials and other resources are available for later reference. And annual events bring users together to network, connect and talk with Avolve representatives.
When you choose ProjectDox, you get one of the best ePlan solutions on the market. You also get support from Avolve through implantation planning, education and training. And that’s a powerful combination.